Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Back to blogging…sort of…

I’ve been bad at keeping my blog up…but I am back. I am going to be following politics from abroad as I accepted a new post to be the new Executive Director of the International federation of Liberal Youth (IFLRY) out in London, UK. I am excited at this new challenge but it meant that I had to leave Canada before the leadership convention.

I watched it from afar (which is not nearly as fun). With Dion as our newly chosen leader, it’s an exciting opportunity to move forward and not get bogged down by division…especially now since the other opposition parties are trying to divide on the topic of Dion’s citizenship.

I think Pat Martin is wrong and his demands are disgusting. As Canadian’s, we pride ourselves of being multicultural and not requiring homogenization of cultures. We take pride that citizens of Canada can hold dual citizenship, that we can celebrate our ancestral roots while being proud to be Canadian. Pat Martin has no right to ask Dion to give up his dual citizenship. Dion is Canadian citizenship and asking him to give up part of his heritage is ridiculous.

Let’s not create different classes of Canadian citizens. Pat Martin’s comment seems something more along the lines to come from the conservative bench, not the NDP.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good day! 

I need help with my crappy computer! It is always freezing when i open IE and going to MSN? What do you think?

Wow, I've found the same to be true too!  Where did you get that at?  

Bye, - Shelia! 



[color=#58a][url=http://consumer-paid-surveywgeidhrw.blogspot.com]how I make money with paid surveys[/url][/color]

Tuesday, February 13, 2007 at 8:18:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home